Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Horoscope says...

"Get ready for your ambition to kick in. Your career is back on the front burner"

OK. I'm on it. I'm committed to some shows this fall that require a lot of mosaic inventory...if I'm hoping to have a good show. Normally by this time, I've gotten a good start on things. Not so much this time. I'll tell you why -

This last May marked my one year anniversary at Stars Antiques. That one little booth has kept me very busy. So what did I do? I opened a second booth! If I thought I was busy before... Who knew something so fun would take so much of my time? Have you noticed that estate sales are often starting on Thursdays now? I could spend 4 days a week at estate sales! If you map out 3 or more, it takes all day - they can be miles and miles apart. Thrifting with friends can happen unexpectedly any day of the week - which almost always requires a luncheon. Cleaning, repairing, painting and pricing the stuff I bought takes more time than you might think. Then I haul it all in to Stars on Mondays and Wednesdays, usually with a friend - so thrifting on the way, and lunch of course. This little antique hobby/business is a time-consuming monster. A sweet, adorable monster that I love.

But I really do still love my mosaic business - and I've got to get in there and get busy. Here's a picture of my studio. Its looks like a bomb went off in there. Sadly, matches the rest of my house right now. I would love to spend an entire week taking the whole thing apart and cleaning and organizing it. I would love, love, love to have an organized and cute studio like my friend Laurie. But at this late hour, that would definitely be considered procrastination. I'm heading in today and "get my career back on the front burner".

Right after I take a shower, get some laundry started, take care of the dishes in the sink, water the plants outside, get some groceries...


14 comments:

melanie said...

so glad that things are busy for you...wouldn't life be dull without our junking?
hope you are well!
melanie

Maison Douce said...

Welcome to blogland, Mitzi!! Your blog is looking wonderful!!
Isabel

Anonymous said...

I've noticed an increase in sales during the last several weeks, haven't you? I think our economy is on the upswing. Your comment about working in one small area is so familiar. I do the same thing. My husband doesn't understand me at all when comes to this. He likes to have a completely clean desk (but he's not artistic!) Anyway, I'm enjoying your blog and hope to see more in the future.

Mitzi Curi

Gayle said...

Mitzi--Now we get to know how you do it all!!! I will add you and Lisa to my list of favorites on the Stars blog!!!

Good luck....Gayle

Teresa said...

Hello! My husband and I met you this weekend at the Fall Festival in Corvallis. Your booth was, by far, my favorite. Your mosiacs are so very pretty. What a talent you have for creating beautiful things. I am excited that you have a blog, and do hope that you'll find the time to keep it updated. (I should take my own advice!) :-)

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I must come to your store.... Woo hoooo... always looking for little goodies for my artistic whimsies... I will be there soon....!!! Maybe even tomorrow!!! Melissa

bedroom decor said...

Hey
Appreciate it for this post, I will be extremely thankful to find out these kinds of fantastic information.
Thank you!

email marketing said...

Hello
Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here
Thank you!

e commerce said...

Hey
Your website is incredible, thank you in your effort!
Do you have more great articles like this one
Thank you!

contemporary bedroom said...

Hi
This can be 1 of the top blogs I've actually arrive throughout on this subject. I liked this blog post.
thank you

sofa covers said...

Hello
My Horoscope says...
Appreciated wonderful information. I completely enjoy reading through all that is written in your site

sofa table said...

Hey every one
My Horoscope says...
The content is really good, it seems quite trivial to expect, Really wonderful

Anonymous said...

Its my chief things to enter on this forum,neutral wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to transmit on this board,please cross out this thread.Nice to fit you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]